Maybe Matilda: No nonsense Tights/Leggings Review

Thursday, December 27, 2012

No nonsense Tights/Leggings Review

This post brought to you by No nonsense. All opinions are 100% mine.

I was sent a package of goodies from the folks at No nonsense to take for a test ride and talk about here. I received a pair of No nonsense tights and leggings and was really happy to see that they are both items I would be happy to wear in real life.

As a stay-at-home mom, I tend to keep things pretty casual. When I know I'm not leaving the house today, or am only making a quick run to the post office or something, I don't see much of a point in getting totally gussied up. But on the other hand, if I don't get ready to some degree--putting on actual clothes and doing something with my hair and face, even if it's not very fancy--I have a hard time being productive and getting things done that need to be done. So these leggings and tights actually fit in really nicely with my style--they're comfortable and easy to wear at home as well as out and about, and they let me step things up a bit from the never-varying jeans and t-shirt Mom look.

I received a pair of No nonsense Denim Leggings and, to be 100% honest with you, kind of cringed when I first took them out of the box. I am a fan of leggings, but I haven't ventured into jegging territory. They scare me. But you know, after some careful consideration, I'm coming around. These ones don't look cheesy and 'fake' the way that some denim-look leggings do, and they actually provide a really simple and comfy way to look like you're wearing something a touch fancier than you actually are. Sadly, my pair was simultaneously too short and too large for me  (I'm 5'8" and received a size medium, and they're a good inch or two too short on the legs and a bit baggy around the knees and, uh, crotch-al region), so instead of a real picture, I just collaged them with the sort of outfit I'd pair them with. Casual and comfy for wearing around the house, but a step up from your standard black leggings or mom jeans. Comfortable for wearing at home, but cute enough to wear while running errands, too.

Cute casual outfit with No Nonsense Denim Leggings

My favorite was the No nonsense Diamond Mesh Tights in black. Subtle and simple and comfortable to wear, but the pattern adds an extra touch to an outfit. This is more or less the outfit I wore to church the Sunday before Christmas, but of course everything in the pictures is a way cuter version of the not-as-cute things I actually own. And the booties are straight up wishful thinking. Wo is me.

No Nonsense diamond tights

I love that the tights added a little something to the outfit without being loud or distracting--just stepped it up a notch by adding a little more pattern and texture. I loved wearing them!

I'm sure I can hear the rattle of your car keys as you scurry to the door to get your own. And you know I love a bargain--you can find No nonsense tights and leggings all over the place at food + drug stores as well as mass retailers, so you probably don't need to make any special trips out to find a pair, and they won't cost you an arm and a leg like some pricier brands. And of course, you can like No nonsense on Facebook and follow them on Twitter for news, new products, etc. And Jill Martin, the author of "I Have Nothing to Wear", is pairing up with No nonsense, which seems like a good fit--she's all about making the most out of your closet without spending a fortune, so I'm expecting more good things to come with her on board.

Visit Sponsor's Site

1 comment :

  1. You should check out the jeggings at Maurices. I've bought this pair twice http://www.maurices.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12772832 but they have tons of colors and patterns. To me they look more like jeans but they are sooo comfy! I even wore them through my whole pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...