Maybe Matilda: Easy Chocolate Butterscotch Fudge

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Easy Chocolate Butterscotch Fudge

This post brought to you by Dollar General. All opinions are 100% mine.

Would you believe me if I told you I've never made fudge before? Not once. Consumed it? Innumerable times. One summer at a choir camp, I ate a bowl of straight hot fudge very single day. Didn't even mess around with ice cream. Just the hot fudge. I also gained 10 pounds that summer, strangely enough. But for some reason, I've had the idea that fudge is too hard to make, so I've never tried it myself. This seemed like the season to give it a go, and lemme tell you, the results are, as a certain someone in my house declared, 'deeeeewishus!'

Easy Chocolate Butterscotch Fudge
In case you are scared of fudge like I was .  . . don't be. This is as simple as it gets.

Chocolate Butterscotch Fudge
(adapted from this Carnation® recipe)

1 1/2 cups sugar
2/3 cup evaporated milk
2 Tbsp. butter
1/4 tsp. salt
2 cups mini marshmallows
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup butterscotch chips
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Line an 8-inch square pan with foil. In a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat, combine the sugar, evaporated milk, butter, and salt. Bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Boil, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes; remove from heat.

Stir in the marshmallows, chips, and vanilla. Stir quickly until marshmallows and chips are melted and fully incorporated. Pour into the prepared pan.
Chocolate Butterscotch Fudge Recipe
Do you want to stick your whole face under it? I do. It's like a delicious waterfall. A fudge-fall. Choir camp flashbacks!

Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
Amazing Chocolate Butterscotch Fudge
Then just remove the foil from the pan, peel the foil off the fudge, and slice it up. And eat it. But that step speaks for itself. How could you not?

I came up with this recipe by tinkering with an easy fudge recipe from the Nestle® brand page on the Dollar General site. Check it out for more delicious recipes (ummm, Gingersnap-Spiced Ice Cream Pie, anyone? I'll need 2 slices), savings, and fun holiday ideas and tips!
Nestle
Visit Sponsor's Site

2 comments :

  1. mmm fudge! the only kind of fudge I've ever made was brown sugar and I had to stir it hard for way too long, I decided never again, luckily my sister makes that one still! I'm going to try this one this weekend, I'm going to make it into a wreath :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you; I've never made fudge either. It always just seemed like one of those things that only Grandmas know the secret to. But I guess since you're telling me it's easy, and I've already got most of the other "granny skills" under my belt, it might just be time to give it a try. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...