Maybe Matilda: Quick Kids Sewing Projects for Christmas

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Quick Kids Sewing Projects for Christmas

No big surprise here, but there’s not much time left before Christmas and I really am unprepared in terms of gift ideas. But I think I have some very good excuses for this procrastination . . . new baby, new business . . . Christmas definitely has not been at the top of my priority list recently. But after sewing these super easy PJ pants for Forrest for Christmas, I got excited at the idea of tackling some other simple sewing projects to give this year. And I really have to stick with fast, easy projects if I plan to get them done in the next (gasp) 2 weeks.

30 Minute PJ Pants

(Tutorial for PJ pants can be found HERE)

In case anyone else has their eyes open for last-minute sewing projects they could whip together in time for Christmas for their kids, here are some ideas that have caught my eye—and they all look adorable, quick, and easy enough to finish before Christmas.

I love the look of this baby Peasant Dress from Sew Much Ado!  It uses such a small amount of fabric, so you know it won’t break the bank, and it looks like such a quick, easy project to make. I think I’ll try my hand at making one for Darcy. Find the free pattern and instructions HERE.

Little Boy Bow Tie

And for any little gentlemen in your life, I highly recommend THIS tutorial for quick and easy bow ties from One Dog Woof. I sewed a handful of them for Forrest last year (look how little he looks in that picture above! ohmygoodness) and loved her easy instructions. They were so fast to make, and look so adorable on, and her size measurements were perfect for him (he was 2 1/2 in that picture; now almost 3 1/2 and the size still looks just right for him). Find her tutorial HERE.

According to the tutorial, these cute little skirts only take about 20 minutes to make—perfect! I have some cute fabric in mind to make one of these for Darcy. Just slip them on over a onesie and you’ve got a sweet little outfit all ready to go! The tutorial can be found HERE on Owly Baby.

 

I stumbled onto this little vest pattern ages ago, thinking I’d make it for Forrest, and I never got around to it. Which is sad, because I think it is SO cute! I love how simple and sweet it looks, and you could really have fun with the buttons and lining fabric to make it more exciting, if you wanted to. Find the free pattern HERE from Leila and Ben.

Are you doing any sewing for Christmas? Fingers crossed we can all get everything done on time . . . Christmas has really snuck up on me this year!

3 comments :

  1. I love those skirts. There's something too cute about cotton skirts. Wonder if you could make them into a short?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah love these ideas! I always like to make a few gifts for my family for that personal touch! How do you find time to do it all with kids?! My two year old just wants to join in all the time! Not helpful on a sewing machine! haha
    http://sharkyknows-charles.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness those PJ pants are adorable? I don't have kiddies yet but I want to make one for myself!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...