Maybe Matilda: Another Month of Dinner Menus

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Another Month of Dinner Menus

I love writing up weekly dinner menus. I realize that this is an odd thing to enjoy--when I mention it to people, they generally respond with a look of horror. So I figured I ought to post the occasional menu here, for the benefit of those of you who dread this household task but would love some tried-and-approved recipe ideas.

And in return for this service, feel free to drop by and help me out with some of the following household tasks that I hate: laundry, mopping, dusting floorboards, changing bedsheets. I'll just text you my address. Thx.

(See a previous month of dinner menus HERE.)

Chinese BBQ Chicken
(^ Chinese BBQ Chicken, Tuesday's recipe below)

Week 1 

Monday: Pineapple Pork Tacos with cilantro lime rice // Really tasty, but really messy to eat. I want to make it again as nachos--chips, pulled pork, melted cheese, topped with the fruit salsa.



Tuesday: Chinese BBQ Chicken with rice and green beans // Hands down, our favorite sweet and sour chicken recipe, and a frequent dinner at our house.

Wednesday: BBQ Chicken Pizza with green salad // One of our favorite pizzas. I prefer making my own crust; this recipe is my favorite.

Thursday: Chipotle Lime Shrimp Tacos with chips and salsa // These tacos were crazy good. Heads up though: I toned down the chipotle a lot, because we're wimpy.

Friday: Enchilada Veggie Quesadillas with fruit salad // Very quick and tasty, and pretty healthy to boot. I'll definitely repeat this one.

Crisp Chicken Salad with Apple and Basil
(^ Chicken Salad with Apple and Basil, Friday's recipe below)

Week 2

Monday: Cashew Chicken with rice and broccoli // I loved how quickly this came together. I just wish a certain small child hadn't gotten into the cashews early and left me with less than the recipe required. Looking forward to making it again . . . with enough cashews this time.

Tuesday: Chicken Ranch Burgers with watermelon and chips // This burger recipe is becoming a frequent repeat--Forrest loves them, and it's so rare that he requests a meal that doesn't involve hot dogs, so I'm happy to oblige.

Wednesday: Hawaiian Meatballs with rice, green beans, apple slices // I halved this recipe, and wished I hadn't--we didn't have any leftovers, and the kids were asking for more after it was gone!

Thursday: Slow Cooker Thai Chicken with Peanut Sauce with rice and frozen egg rolls // I think I prefer my recipe for this dish, but Jeff said he liked this one better, so it's a toss up. Either one is tasty!

Friday: Chicken Salad with apple and basil sandwiches with watermelon // One of the first recipes I ever posted on my blog, and still a favorite.

sweet potato, chicken, black bean taco skillet
(^ Sweet Potato, Chicken, and Black Bean Taco Skillet, Thursday's recipe below)

Week 3
Monday: Loaded Nachos with apple slices // I didn't stack them the way the recipe calls for, but it probably doesn't matter. I've never met a nacho I didn't love.

Tuesday: Vegetable Lo Mein with green beans and grapes // Quick and simple, and I don't think the kids realized there were veggies hidden in their noodles, so that's a major plus.

Wednesday: Copycat Chick-Fil-A Chicken Salad Sandwiches with chips and fruit // Normally, I want nothing to do with pickles or relish, but I thought I'd give this chicken salad a chance despite seeing relish on the ingredients list. I may need to rethink my stance on relish, because I loved this recipe!

Thursday: Sweet Potato, Chicken, and Black Bean Taco Skillet with Spanish rice and apple slices // A quick and easy favorite around here. The kids love the chicken and cheese, but the sweet potato and beans are my favorite part, so it works out nicely.

Friday: Breakfast Quesadillas with fruit smoothies // Nothing not to love here. Bacon, eggs, cheese . . . definitely a winner.

Green Chile Turkey Burgers
(^ Green Chile Turkey Burgers; Tuesday's recipe below)

Week 4

Monday:
 Hawaiian Pasta Salad
 with fruit // I tinkered with the recipe a bit (and of course, now that it's been a few weeks, I can't remember what I changed), but we loved this. Excited to make it again.

Tuesday: Green Chile Turkey Burgers with sweet potato fries and apple slices // Probably my favorite burger to make at home. So, so good.

Wednesday: BBQ Chicken Nachos with fruit // A fun twist if you get bored with traditional nachos.

Thursday: Chicken Fajita Pasta with corn on the cob // This was a little too spicy for us, but as previously mentioned, we are kind of wimpy.

Friday: Homemade pizza with salad // Nothing not to love.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...