Maybe Matilda: 3 Creative Snacktime Cracker Toppings

Thursday, April 14, 2016

3 Creative Snacktime Cracker Toppings

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #StackItUp #CollectiveBias

Nothing sounds more boring to me than eating the same thing day in and day out. I need variety, especially when it comes to my food. 

Instead of eating plain crackers for a snack (although, to be honest, my kids are thrilled with plain crackers), I thought I'd try out some creative add-ons to make snack time a little more interesting at our house. The kids had fun playing around with different toppings, and they all turned out so yummy!


3 creative cracker snack topping ideas

We started with RITZ Original Fresh Stacks that I picked up at Walmart earlier this week, as well as Peter Pan Simply Ground Peanut Butter (which I love, btw, and used in an awesome peanut butter bar recipe HERE). Love that the RITZ Original Fresh Stacks make it easier to take snacks on the go -- I can just toss a small sleeve in my purse and be set for the day without having to package up individual baggies for the kids. Anything that speeds our mornings up a bit is a plus for me. You can also find RITZ Fresh Stacks Ultimate Butter for a limited time!


ritz fresh stacks and peter pan simply ground pb

For our cracker snack setup, I laid out a variety of  topping options:

- sharp cheddar cheese slices
- sliced green apple
- cream cheese
- diced bell peppers
- peanut butter
- marshmallow fluff
- chocolate chips

The crowd favorite, hands down, was a peanut butter s'more cracker. First, a layer of peanut butter over a cracker. Then a layer of marshmallow fluff (one child preferred it with the fluff, and one with just the peanut butter). Sprinkle with chocolate chips. The salty cracker plus sweet toppings make an awesome treat, and I love the texture of this peanut butter. So good!


peanut butter marshmallow fluff crackers

We also really liked topping the crackers with a slice of cheddar and a thin slice of Granny Smith apple. For some reason, cheese and apples together always seems fancy to me. 


cheddar and apple cracker topping

I was a bit unsure of the cream cheese and pepper topping idea . . . but it was awesome. My favorite of the bunch, which I was surprised by. You'll have to try this out at home. Really good. 

Cream cheese and pepper cracker topping

If you want to try out your own delicious cracker topping snack setup, grab your ingredients next time you're at Walmart! You'll find the RITZ Original in the cracker aisle.


ritz at walmart

What's your favorite way to top a RITZ Original cracker?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...