Maybe Matilda: CAL :: Link up your cowls!

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

CAL :: Link up your cowls!

It's time! I sure hope your cowl is finished up, being worn with pride, and ready to show off because today's the day to share your work! I'm so excited to see everyone's finished piece. (And this link list will be open for a few days, so if you aren't ready just yet, you can still join in when you're finished.) Voting won't begin until Friday, so make sure to come back then and vote for your favorite! (I'll post about it to remind you.)
(There's my finished cowl--I held two strands of Bernat Super Value in Redwood Heather and shortened the pattern quite a bit to have a snugger-fitting cowl [not entirely sure that "snugger" is a real word, but I'm makin' it happen], and I really love how it turned out!)

If you'd like a reminder of the prizes that are up for grabs, I'm happy to oblige. The person with the highest number of votes will get the first pick from the prizes; second person gets to pick next from the three remaining prizes, and so on. I just couldn't rank these prizes (they're all fantastic!), so these aren't first/second/third/fourth place prizes . . . they're just the prizes the four winners will get to choose from.

So, in no particular order . . . one lucky lady (or sir, I guess, . . . it would be pretty rad if a dude crocheted one of these cowls with us) will receive this fox scarf crochet pattern (as well as another pattern of his/her choice) from Bees Knees Knitting!
Two winners will receive two patterns of their choice from Crochet Baby Boutique!

And one winner will receive the Rainbow Amigurumi ebook, with patterns and instructions to make 7 adorable little friends, from Fresh Stitches!
Thanks again to our great sponsors for providing such wonderful prizes! I'm already excited for the four crocheters who will get their hands on some great new patterns . . . that's sure to get you excited to keep crocheting!

One last thing before you link up. Everyone who finishes and shares their cowl on this post gets to choose a pattern to receive free from my etsy shop, remember? After you've linked up your cowl, head over to this post and fill out the little survey so I know which pattern to send you. Please, please, please visit that post and fill out the survey--I'm really not going to hunt you down and toss patterns in your lap, so make this easy for me, okay? (And if you need any help linking up your cowl, visit this post.)

EDITED: If you visited sometime in the last, oh, 20 minutes or so, the link list wasn't working--I realized it's because the list automatically closes and won't accept submissions once voting starts (which I had set to start the same time as the link list opened). So you can't vote just now. So add your link, and I'll let you know when the voting is open! Thank you!

37 comments :

  1. Looks like I stopped by at just the right time--but the link form isn't at the bottom--am I missing it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. GAAAAH!!! I don't know why it isn't there! Come back in a bit--I'll work on it :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. (big sigh of relief) Okay, it's working now! 7 AM is too early for technical difficulties.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow!! I was the 1st to link it! and I just started my cowl yesterday :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay--you got it working! I was sitting here like a loser just waiting... and refreshing! Total loser.

    And in the meantime my little one was licking our dog. Licking. Mother of the year, I am.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yayy! I am so pumped about this! And I'm so glad to have finished my cowl - there were a few times when I wasn't sure if it was going to happen or not. Thank you soo much Rachel for hosting this - otherwise I may never have learned how to crochet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for hosting, Rachel. What a wonderful idea! I am already on my way to check out all the others. I think I need a plum version, and a turquoise version...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah!! I'm here. I am looking forward to see how everyone's cowl turned out. Thanks for hosting.

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with Jessica: it's so nice of you to have hosted this CAL, Rachel! Thanks a bunch!

    I can't believe I finished the Time Out Cowl! I have unraveled the piece so many times! In the beginning I just couldn't read the pattern (despite Rachel's great and clear instructions); I skipped 6 chain stitches while doing the V-stitch; so big gaps were the result. When I finally saw the light that the second double crochet stitch should be in the SAME 6th stitch from the hook; things got better. Then I often forgot to do the 2 chain stitches in which you stitch the V-stitches of the following row; but that only resulted in sometimes having to unravel one row at most. I made it! It was great to learn crochet in this way, thanks Rachel!! I love the yarn I chose for the project as well; the colors are "me", and I followed the tip about selecting yarn; it was on sale as well. I also made the cowl shorter to make it "snugger"; I thought that was a really good idea.


    Anyway, good luck with the contest everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry for the overkill in information! I accidentally posted the information on my cowl both on flickr as well as here in the comments. Won't happen again!

    Gives me a chance to wish everyone all the best of luck in the contest one more time, though. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh im so jealous i wasnt able to follow along, dang home renovations:) cannot wait to get the flowers in the mail, thanks a bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm excited to see how everyone's turned out! thanks for doing this CAL, I never would have gotten a cowl done before winter if it hadn't been for this :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. AWESOME!! Look at all the fun variations!! Thanks again for hosting!!

    ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rachel, thank you so much for doing this! It was so fun. Hopefully, there will be more in the future! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Blurgh. I had wanted voting to start right away, but I learned (the hard way!) that you can't start voting until you close the link up. So I think I set it so voting starts Friday (if I remember correctly) . . . sorry for the wait :-( I'll put a reminder to vote up when it's ready!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wheeeeeeere's the linky?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Found it!!!!!!!Now I'm off to check out everyone else's cowls!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi! I put my pic in your maybe matilda thingy in flicker but don't know how to put it here. I don't have a blog so I can't link it that way! I haven't done one of these sharing your things before so I am really confused.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Spinach mumma--no worries! You can link from flickr . . . you just open your picture in flickr and copy and paste that URL into the URL box of the link up . . . there's a little post about it here: http://www.maybematilda.com/2011/10/cal-how-to-link-up-your-cowl-for.html

    I hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks that made total sense - I can't believe I didn't work that out ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  21. Rachelle S...your link didn't work for me. Tried it several times. Just wanted to let you know. Beautiful cowl, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks Rachel for a really swell time. You sure know how to throw a party!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks so much for hosting such a fun and wonderful crochet along! I LOVE my new COWL!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Seriously Rachel you are so amazing for doing this. You are one talented lady!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Rachel! I was just looking through the collection and noticed that the thumbnail didn't work for my link... are you able to delete it and then I can re-link up with it?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for doing this crochet along! Such a fun way to learn and your shop gets me excited about all the fun things I can make now!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Su capucha es preciosa y el color es fantástico. Es emocionante ver tantas capuchas terminadas y que bonitas han quedado todas, diferentes colores, diferentes medidas.... Me ha gustado participar en su tiempo de espera capucha, me apetecía tener una capucha para este invierno y gracias a ti he aprendido ha hacerla.
    Un saludo.
    Susana.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I just found your blog via one of your CAL participants. I love it! Totally adding you to my reader. :)

    ps. Nice work inspiring to many people to do your cowl and CAL!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Yesterday I wore my cowl to the university (autumn has definitely set in here in The Netherlands) and I got complements on how nice it looked. When I told people I'd made it myself, they gave me big eyes of disbelieve!!! Really special to have people complement you on the things you made yourself without them knowing it! Thanks again, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow I guess I'm in a charitable mood...I wanted to vote for a few Cowls....then I realized after voting for one that that was all I could vote for....ONE. HAHAH I should have voted for my own, so I could at least have a 3% chance of winning ;) I'm such a dorkus!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I just posted about my finished cowl, but I think I'm too late to link up now :(

    My cowl can be seen here:
    http://sunflowerzcrochet.blogspot.com/2011/10/cal-cowl-finished.html

    ReplyDelete
  32. I tried to link up my cowl, but it doesn't seem to be working. My blog about is at http://thissideofzero.com/2011/10/07/crochet-along/

    I sure had fun...

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wowsa! So many awesome cowls! I really wish I could have stuck with the Crochet Along. I still have my yarn and crotch-it stick, so I hope to eventually make the cowl. This was such a great idea, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi, I am so inspired to crochet a cowl out of my very large wool stash!! I am not sure if it is too late or not, but I would love to make one anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  35. just made the cowl...it's a gift so can I email you the picture?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...