Maybe Matilda: World’s Least Comfortable Pants Award goes to . . .

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

World’s Least Comfortable Pants Award goes to . . .

Last week, I raved about my passionate love for jeggings. I’d like to think our love is a two-way street. Maybe they love me back, too. I hope so. I think I’ll leave a note in their pocket—do you like me? Circle ‘yes’ or ‘no.’

Today, the other end of the spectrum. A hateful rant against the least comfortable pants I own—probably the least comfortable pants in existence. Despite my hatred for them and my general grumpiness whenever I choose to wear them, I can’t let them go. Jeff bought them for me, which is kind of incredible because A) they are cute (!), and B) they fit (! shock, awe), but he clearly did not try them on to test the comfort level before purchase. Shame on him.

yellow pants + polka dot blouse

yellow pants + black and white dotted blouse

An angry list of discomfort-induced rage:

- They have almost zero stretch, which is outrageous. Look how tight they are. JUST LOOK. Imagine trying to wriggle your way in and out of skin-tight jeans with no fabric give, or trying to sit down and stand up in a pair of pants that barely allow any bending at the knees. Badly done, Old Navy, badly done indeed!

But on the other hand:

- They are yellow.

I suppose that is enough.

yellow skinnies + polka dot blouse

Top: c/o SheInside // Pants: Old Navy // Shoes: c/o LuLu*s // Bag: c/o JoTotes

16 comments :

  1. Gosh, you're just plain adorable. I love, love, love your fashion posts mostly because I think along the same lines as you. Ha! Anyway, I think I have had similar pants ... but they're yellow. How can you say no?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look so cute on you!! totally compliment your hair! :)
    Don't you hate it when something looks cute but just ain't comfy?? argh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are too cute! I'm loving the fashion posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, thank you! I'm so glad to hear you're liking them--I've felt a tad goofy posting them just because they're newer for me, but I'm enjoying doing them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES. It shouldn't be allowed! Cute + comfy should have to go together by law.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A million points to you for recognizing it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh the things we do in the name of fashion, LOL! Well, for the record, you look adorable! I have 2 similar pair of skinny jeans exactly the same...they "look" great...but are SOOOO stinkin' uncomfortable! No "give" or stretch at all...bending down is awful...gotta hike 'em up and down...craziness! That yellow is awesome on you though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are these the Rockstar jeans? I hate their fit. I love the colors but don't like the whole feeling of cramming body parts into clothes. They are, however, extremely cute which is the most important thing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are the Rockstar jeans! They feel HORRIBLE on. But they're so cute. Priorities.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a love hate relationship with Old Navy pants! I love love love their skinny cords but then I'll try on their jeans and they fit terribly on me! What gives! The yellow is pretty awesome-sauce though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't tried their skinny cords! I'll have to check them out. I hate it when things within 1 store have such an inconsistent fit. I have ON tops that fit anywhere from XS thru M. And I don't think I'm an XS aaaaanywhere else. Their fit is always funky!

    ReplyDelete
  12. these are so cute! lame that they dont feel good - though the first thing i thought was 'but they're yellow!'

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha, yes! I'm willing to be uncomfortable, at least for short amounts of time, for yellow pants ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Too bad you feel like they don't fit; they look amazing on you! I love that yellow! It's a blast of sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks! I looove the color, but they feel awful on!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...