Maybe Matilda: Asymmetrical Pixie Cut

Friday, October 30, 2015

Asymmetrical Pixie Cut

Guys, it's another hair post full of selfies. I'M SO SORRY. One of these days I'm going to bust out an actual camera for these pictures and you will be BLOWN AWAY.

Ugh. These posts are always so embarrassing. *cringes* 

Also, sorry for the super blurry shot of the back below. Forrest took that picture for me. We're working on his "hold the phone steady" skills. I guess you can only expect so much from a 5-year old.
asymmetrical pixie cut with long bangs
The siren song of the pixie was too strong. I couldn't resist. I went for it, with a deep part on one side and longer bangs, and tons of texture through the top. It's so much fun.

(Same exact haircut above and below.)
asymmetrical pixie cut with long bangs
 My favorite way to wear it is with some flat iron curls/waves through the top. It's messy and crazy and super fun.
asymmetrical curly pixie cut with long bangs

I love love love this haircut with a capital L. It's really quick and easy to style, and still offers a bit of variety/styling options with the longer top and side. 

The pictures above were mainly from August/September. I went in for a trim a week or so ago and had the bangs brought up just a tad shorter, with the idea that I could faux hawk it. The bangs came out . . . a little shorter than I had anticipated. And it turns out I feel SUPER goofy and self-conscious in a faux hawk anyway. Not sure I have the confidence required for this one! 

Here's how it looks now. I like it, and it really isn't that big of a change from how it was before, but I'm planning to grow the bangs out a tad more again, to get back to the pictures above.
pixie cut
I bet someone is going to comment and ask for styling recommendations and favorite products. I really don't feel like I have any expertise to offer (at all!!!), but I'll work on putting something together!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...