Maybe Matilda: Bring on the pumpkins, corn pits, and boots

Monday, October 26, 2015

Bring on the pumpkins, corn pits, and boots




Now that we've made our annual pumpkin patch visit, we can say that fall has been officially kicked off (even though we are just starting to see some color change in the leaves and the weather is barely beginning to cool down).
pumpkin patch visit

pumpkin patch visit

pumpkin patch visit

pumpkin patch visit

pumpkin patch visit

We visited Jaker's in Springville and had a great time. I'll admit, we were a bit worried when we pulled into the parking lot--it was absolutely packed and there was even a bit of a line waiting to get in. But we were happy to find that there were enough attractions to keep the crowd spread out fairly evenly, so it didn't feel as crazy as it looked.

pumpkin patch visit

Forrest was really excited about the 'pumpkin rocket!' until we realized it was a pumpkin drop that charged per drop. It sure looked cool, though!

But the petting zoo was a huge hit. You guys, that piglet. THAT PIGLET!!! Forget taking a pumpkin home at the end of the night. I wanted that little guy to come home with me. He was so adorable. His little twirly tail was in constant motion, spinning nonstop as long as we watched him. Cutest thing ever.
 pumpkin patch visit

By far, the kids' favorite part of the night was playing in a humongous corn pit. And we smuggled a good deal of it home with us by accident--we kept pulling kernels out of pockets, socks, underpants, and diapers. I found a handful of them in my purse later--not sure if they dropped in on their own, or if a little someone thought a handful of corn would make a great souvenir?

pumpkin patch visit

pumpkin patch visit

pumpkin patch visit

pumpkin patch visit

There is literally not a single thing about fall that I don't love, except I guess the knowledge that winter comes after. We have the scientific know-how to send people into space--I vote that we apply that knowledge and energy to creating a perpetual fall.

One of my favorite things about fall is switching from summer clothes to some warmer fall style. I know there are states out there that bring the heat in a far more serious way than Utah does, but still . . . I could do without 100+ degree days, and it is glorious--glorious!--when I can put a jacket and boots on.

pumpkin patch visit

And this year, I wanted to try out the ankle boots that have been so trendy lately. I got these ankle boots from Famous Footwear and have been loving them. I'm so accustomed to wearing knee-high boots that this height took a little getting used to. They are such a fun change from boots I've worn in the past, though, and I feel like they really go with just about everything, which is nice.

pumpkin patch visit

pumpkin patch visit

If you're like me and can always use a little help and inspiration when it comes to style, make sure to check out the #ohsofamous style gallery. It's a great way to find new style ideas for the season and see how others are styling their Famous Footwear shoes. I've been scrolling through and I have to say, it is really helpful to see other ladies wearing these exact boots, and the outfits they've put together around them. I'm making mental notes of what I like best, so I can try some new things with my boots. 

(And little fashionista Darcy is sporting these sweet little boots.)

Even Jeff got in on the action with the first pair of boots he has ever owned in his life (can you believe that?! my dad and brothers always wore boots so it kind of blew my mind that Jeff has never worn them before). And he promptly filled them up with corn kernels from the big corn pit. A hazard of pumpkin patching. You can see the pair he chose HERE.

pumpkin patch visit

What's your favorite thing about fall?

I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...